NDOT 2013 Disparity Study
The Nevada Department of Transportation is conducting a disparity study to improve its operation of the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program.
The Federal DBE Program helps small disadvantaged business enterprises compete for U.S. Department of Transportation-funded transportation projects. The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) and local cities, counties and transportation agencies operate the Federal DBE Program in Nevada.
Keen Independent Research LLC is conducting a disparity study for NDOT that examines whether there are barriers for minority- and women-owned firms and other small firms in the Nevada transportation contracting industry, including NDOT contracting opportunities. The study began in 2012 and will be complete in late 2013.
The study will help NDOT:
- Set a goal for future DBE participation in its federally-funded contracts; and
- Improve how NDOT operates the program.
NDOT has incorporated extensive opportunities for public comment and input throughout the study, including distribution of a draft of the report for comment before the final version is submitted.
NDOT and Keen Independent Research have also developed easy ways to communicate with the study team
about the project.
- A dedicated telephone hotline for the study: 702-483-0230.
- An email address for any comments or questions: email@example.com.
Any interested individuals and groups can also directly contact Yvonne Schuman, Civil Rights Officer, Nevada Department of Transportation at 702-730-3301 or YSchuman@dot.state.nv.us.
- February 3, 2014 - NDOT Disparity Study is completed and available on ndotdbe.com website.
NDOT Disparity Study Full Report Dec. 6 2013 NDOT Disparity Study Executive Summary
- October 24, 2013 - NDOT Public Information Meeting in Las Vegas on the Draft 2013 Disparity Study and NDOT’s proposed overall DBE goal for FFY 2014, 2015 and 2016.
NDOT Public Meeting October 24th – 4:00pm – 7:00pm
- October 22, 2013 - NDOT Public Information Meeting in Sparks, Elko, Ely and Winnemucca on the Draft 2013 Disparity Study and NDOT’s proposed overall DBE goal for FFY 2014, 2015 and 2016.
NDOT Public Meeting October 22nd – 4:00pm – 7:00pm
- September 9, 2013 - NDOT Board presentation conducted on NDOT Full Disparity Study.
Keen Independent Sept 9 Board presentation
- September 8, 2013 - NDOT Draft Full Disparity Study report ready for review.
NDOT Draft Disparity Study Executive Summary NDOT Draft Disparity Study Full Report Sept. 2013
- April 4, 2013 - In-depth Interviews begin with firms in Reno, Nevada.
- March 11, 2013 - In-depth Interviews begin with firms in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- February 21, 2013 - Firms begin filling out firm profiles in response to administered email requests.
- February 1, 2013 - Second External Stakeholder Group meeting summary and presentation made available under Library of Study Documents .
- January 25, 2013 - Second External Stakeholder Group meeting held in Las Vegas, videoconferencing meeting held in Carson City.